Don't Forget to
This Parashah covers the final instruction on the tabernacle, the incident of the golden calf, Mosheh's intercession, and the giving of the 2nd set of tablets
This is the abomination that our forefathers committed at the foot of the mountain of YHVH. We need to learn that the camp of Yah is holy, and the people who saw the cloud, the Red Sea open, and the manna fall from heaven, still worshiped other god. What will happen to us, who have never seeing any of those miracles? May the mercy of our father be always with us, and I pray that our Messiah will always stand up for us as we repent and search our hearts.
In the nugget we will discuss a few underlying legal principles found within the chapters concerning the Golden Calf.
Have you ever wondered why it was a "calf" that the Israelites chose to fashion as the image of a bull?
Why is it that not all the Israelites were killed for partaking in the incident?
Is this a sinful act considered to be ma'al or willful trespass against YHWH?
What is the connection in chapter 34 to the golden calf and the "jealousy of YHWH"?
Lastly, we will also see the parallels between Yeshua and Mosheh and the restoration of God's honor.
This page includes Torah Portions from multiple years covered by Wisdom in Torah. Each year we covered the Torah from a different perspective so you can explore each Parashah from a different perspective and focus.
- 2010 Portions: Focus on Messianic connections in the Parashah
- ANET Portions: Focus on the ancient Near Eastern cultural context of the Parashah
- Mitzvot Portions: Focus on explaining and exploring the commandments found in the Parashah (in progress)
- 2015 Portions: Revisiting the Parashah looking at the ancient cultural context more in depth with additional areas that have been researched
- Brit Portions: Focus on connecting the Brit Hadashah (New Testament) to the Parashah
Oops, this is members-only content
This page requires at least a basic level membership to access the teaching.